2012年2月12日

Hooked to the Silver Screen

 

bowie
David Bowie in The Man Who Fell to Earth (1976)
I got knocked flat by a nasty flu bug that has kept me in bed all week. I’m still on the mend and not fully recovered but I wanted to post a quick update and compile some links to a few things of possible interest.

First up, here’s a couple of links to my latest posts at The Movie Morlocks. The first is for an interview I did with local artist Nicolas Caesar who will be appearing on Creepy KOFY Movie Time tonight at 11PM, February 19th. Creepy KOFY Movie Time is a local Northern California TV program that airs every Saturday night on KOFY TV20 or CABLE13 and they play classic horror films as well as cult favorites. Nicolas will be chatting about the Herschell Gordon Lewis’ movie Color Me Blood Red (1965) on this week’s show along with the program’s regular hosts Balrok and No Name.
- My KOFY Break with Nicolas Caesar @ TCM’s Classic Movie Blog

This week I almost didn’t post anything at The Movie Morlocks but at the last minute I managed to (roughly) finish a little something that I had been working on for weeks called “Life On Mars” that borrows it’s title from one of my favorite David Bowie songs. It’s a personal post that takes a look back at my earliest attempts to write film reviews for my school newspaper. If you want to know what films I was watching and writing about at age 14 you can find a couple examples I scanned from old school newspapers. I had planned on writing more in-depth on the topic but I couldn’t find any other issues of my school newspaper to scan and I was getting a little too self-reflective for my own good. I didn’t want to bore Movie Morlock readers with my self-indulgent trip down memory lane so I tried to make my post as brief as possible. Unfortunately my fever didn’t help matters much and I’m sure I rambled a bit more than I had intended. But movies have always been an important part of my life and it’s fun to look back at my early reviews and remember how I started seeing films differently at age 14.
- Life On Mars @ TCM’s Classic Movie Blog

Rondohammer
Martin Kosleck and Rondo Hatton in House of Horrors (1946)
The Rondo Awards were announced this week and although Cinebeats wasn’t nominated for anything this year, a few of my favorite bloggers were including Stacie Ponder of Final Girl, Pierre Fournier of Frankensteinia, August Ragone of The Good, the Bad and the Godzilla, Curt Purcell of Groovy Age of Horror and the esteemed Tim Lucas of Video Watchblog who also has lots of other nominations for various projects he’s worked on including his magazine Video Watchdog. If you do vote this year please consider their fine contributions to the blogosphere.
- The Rondo Hatton Awards

In other news, the For the Love of Film Noir Blogathon started on Valentine’s Day, February 14th and runs until February 21st. Some of my fellow Morlocks expressed interest in participating so they took up the gauntlet for TCM. I’ve linked to a couple of their contributions below and posted a great video clip for the blogathon compiled by another one of my favorite bloggers, Greg of Cinema Styles. If I wasn’t feeling like death was at my door I might pull something together myself but please give these other posts a look.
- For the Love of Film Noir Blogathon: THE STRANGER ON THE THIRD FLOOR @ TCM’s Classic Movie Blog
- For the Love of Film (Noir) Blog-A-Thon: The Sound of Fury (1950) & TCM’s Classic Movie Blog

没有评论:

发表评论