2014年8月8日

BEST IPAD CASES FOR KIDS REVIEW | Best Kid Friendly IPad Case & Cover

Read my REVIEW on the Best iPad Cases for Kids BEFORE you choose one. An New Apple iPad 1, 2, 3 or 4 is expensive and delicate, and if your case is flimsy, the iPad may not survive what your kids dish out to it. I had to find a kid friendly case because kids, (well my son), tends to drop things (or throw them). The one I highly recommend is the GRIPCASE, (photographed with my son, left). Photograph is Ã?â Ã?© by me.
I actually decided to write about it after I had purchased it, because we were so happy with it. I wanted an i Pad case that didn’t look like it was my son’s if I use it in public. I wanted a lightweight and easy to carry case. I found a fabulous rubber Case (EVA Foam) perfect for kids of all ages. It is pretty indestructible and has been dropped on my floor (a Slate floor) many times without damage. I can even carry it with one finger.. perfect for moms on the run. I have had quite a lot of people come up to me and ask where I got the case from (just this week in fact someone asked me when we were out when they saw my son with it). See the case
(HERE) …It comes in 5 amazing colors (also available in the iPad Mini size).. or scroll down further.. for a full listing of the best iPad Cases for kids available..
Gripcase have also just released a stand for their Case.. see it below.. it’s a beauty.. My son can use it for some games and l can sit at the kitchen bench and check my emails. Best of all because it is not just a flimsy stand at the back of a case, it won’t snap off. It is also great to use for facetime.
I have also listed some of the other cases I consider the Best Covers for kids.. Scroll down .. including funky iPad Mini cases and some cute ipad 4 case for kids for kids.
I also recommend a great kids stylus to help with your kids writing and drawing on the i Pad / tablet.. Unlike most, this one actually is shaped like a pencil with flat notches on the sides so provides a better grip to hold. Great idea. After trying my son on a normal stylus I found it was too thin and was slipping from his fingers too easily. This one gives more control, especially important when they are learning to write. I would not recommend using the stylus though until they can hold a pencil properly as you don’t want to scratch the screen. A screen protector is good protection in any event.
The Gripcase was the original iPad case with “Grips” or handles… It was designed by a father for his 2 year old (in the US) but it is great for kids of all ages. It is also being extensively used in schools and schoolrooms, even at the elementary level, and by the autism community for autistic kids. Many parents are saying the Gripcase is a great ipad case for children with autism (and also kids with special needs and disabilities). There are now other cases that have handles but this is the only rubber one one that the handles go the whole way around the case. The case has a Patent Pending for it. It is also manufactured in the United States (US), rare these days when everything is manufactured in Asia.
The Fischer Price Apptivity case for toddlers has handles but it is a hard handle, not rubber and is really only suitable for babies and toddlers.. not really suitable for older children. I can’t imagine a ten year old wanting to be seen using it in public
The Gripcase would be good anyone in business (like couriers or surveyors) or even for seniors who need to grip the iPad as they are using it or for teachers walking around the room carrying it. The handle is also great to sit up in bed and read ..perfect.
I also like it because I can carry it in one hand with my bags, while trying to grab my son, and also my car keys at the same time.
No worry of dropping it.
Scroll down for my other Top Picks of other sturdy (and durable) Kid Safe iPad Cases for IPad 1,2, and 3 third generation cases and 4. (models 3 and 4 both have the Retina Screen. I am always looking for awesome new models of cases on release and also Accessories and update the page regularly. I also note if the case is available in the iPad Mini 7″ size
Some other excellent cases offer top protection (including some that have built in screens (some replaceable) for added protection). I am confident any of the ones I have listed would be fantastic for kids. There are also some pretty pink cases for girls as well as purple and blue cases.
If you live in a dry dusty area (or want to take the iPad to the beach) there are some fabulous cases that have port cover protection against dust which I think is necessary in a dusty environment (farms, warehouses etc.).
I have also added some super cute cases for older kids, tweens & teenagers.. Teens invariably are harder to please (and don’t necessarily need the extra toughness that younger kids need) and I have found some really cute cases. I have also added some carrying cases protect the tablet when it goes to school.
The iPad is fabulous but it is also expensive so it’s important to get a case that will provide good protection especially if kids have access to it.
Also I recommend you read my latest article .. why teaching kids to read by sight words is so dangerous for their future literacy ability. SCROLL DOWN to see the link to my article. If you are like me and was buying sight word flash cards and you need to read my article. I even bought phonics apps only to realize they were sight words hidden as phonics.

没有评论:

发表评论