2012年1月11日

Alien Lands W Magazine Cover (Tilda Swinton for W Magazine August 2011)

Aliens are among us. One of them has landed the cover of W Magazine August 2011 issue. Interested? Then see the latest Tilda Swinton’s photoshoot based on David Bowie’s The Man Who Fell to Earth. You won’t be disappointed!

 
Do you believe in aliens? I do. And I would even more believe in them if I were a child and saw the latest Tilda Swinton’s photoshoot for W Magazine (August 2011 issue). She looks incredible on the images.
tilda-swinton-w-magazine-august-2011
The queen of androgyny, Tilda Swinton, who graces the photoshoot for W Magazine 2011 edition, wears plenty of designer pieces. She appears dressed in Salvatore Ferragamo, Blumarine, Céline, Chloé, Zero + Maria Cornejo, Comme des Garçons, Stella McCartney and other brands. But these garments look really weird on the images, and they do look like something created on another planet.
tilda-swinton-w-magazine-august-2011
In the interview for W Magazine August 2011 issue Tilda Swinton shares about gender role play, her own style icons and love to men’s clothing.
Tilda Swinton on gender role play: “People talk about androgyny in all sorts of dull ways. Cahun looked at the limitlessness of an androgynous gesture, which I’ve always been interested in.”
tilda-swinton-w-magazine-august-2011
Tilda Swinton on her own style icons: —whom I’ve been orbiting ever since I saw The Man Who Fell to Earth in 1976—and my father, Maj. Gen. Sir John Swinton. They are individuals with whom I share the same planetary DNA.”
Tilda Swinton on her father’s military officer uniforms: “From childhood, I remember more about his black patent, gold livery, scarlet-striped legs, and medal ribbons than I do of my mother’s evening dresses. I would rather be handsome, as he is, for an hour than pretty for a week.”
tilda-swinton-w-magazine-august-2011
Tilda Swinton on her friends-designers (everyone from Alber Elbaz to Stefano Pilati to Phoebe Philo): “For someone to know what you need to make you comfortable, they need to know who you are. Having them make clothes for me is like being cooked for by someone who knows what you like to eat.”
What do think about the photoshoot? Isn’t it fantastic?

没有评论:

发表评论